Friday, January 2, 2009

New School Year


This is the time of year when I reflect on lessons I've been given from the classes I've purposely or inadvertantly enroled in and decide which classes I need to further my education.

My class schedule was heavy for 2008. I took "Caring for Injured Mother 101", Caring for Stroke Victim Father 102", "Learning How to Emotionally Handle Declining a Wonderful Opportunity Due to Lack of Funds" (that was a three part class), "Galleries and How They Can Teach You To Be More Patient", "When To Say No" and "Where To Go From Here". Great classes with lots of opportunities to learn and apply the lessons.

I met some great people in my classes which for me is usually the best part of going to school. My grades were average, probably due to the class load, but I really learned a lot. The important part of education is taking the learned knowledge and applying it to your life and career.

This year I've enrolled in "Not Accepting Failure", "How To Have A Millionaire's Attitude with Limited Funds" and "Balancing Family and Career and Still Making the Cut". I haven't talked with my counselor yet, but I'm going to try and keep my class schedule low. She might have a few more classes she thinks I might need to reach the Master's Program, but I really want to concentrate on better grades.

Well I just got a call from my counselor and she told me I'm going to have to retake "When To Say No", but it's only a 2 credit course so I should be able to fit it into my schedule.

I hope I meet some of you in school this year. It's always such a blast when we can all get together and bounce around our curriculum and cram for those tests. See you in the Class of 2009.

No comments: